Equestrian Wellness Organic Sunscreen
Featuring just six organic ingredients, this sunscreen is broad spectrum, & safe for everyone to use! These 2oz tubes are fragrance & chemical free as well as biodegradable & reef safe!
- 25% non-nano Zinc Oxide
- Eldorado Springs Artesian Water
- Certified Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Certified Organic Beeswax
- Vegetable Vitamin E (non-gmo from sunflower seeds)
- Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol, 400IU/ounce sunscreen)
Why zinc oxide?
Zinc oxide is a preferred active ingredient in sunscreen over titanium dioxide because:
- Zinc oxide is the most effective UV absorber across the entire UVA and UVB spectrum.
- Zinc oxide is made from the critical mineral nutrient zinc whereas titanium is a metal that has no biological use in our bodies and has poorly defined long term exposure risks.
- Zinc oxide holds tight to its electrons when it absorbs UV energy and limits the creation of free radicals that do damage and increase the risk of skin cancer.
- Zinc oxide is the sole sunscreen active ingredient approved for use on children by FDA.
- The zinc oxide in this formula is non-nano, and not-micronized; there are zero zinc oxide nanoparticles.
Why is there Vitamin D in the formula?
- This sunscreen is fortified with the USRDA recommendation of Vitamin D3 (400IU/ounce of sunscreen), a critical vitamin that normally requires UV energy to be produced in our skin.
- Since sunscreens reduce UV exposure (which is a good thing and critical in limiting cellular and DNA damage and aging processes), they can also limit Vitamin D production.
- More & more information is coming out from the medical community regarding how Vitamin D may play a significant role in the prevention of chronic health & disease issues.
active ingredient - non-nano zinc oxide usp** 25%
inactive ingredients - Eldorado Springs artesian spring water (aqua), extra virgin olive oil* (oleo euopaea fruit oil), beeswax* (cera alba), vegetable vitamin E (tocopherol, non-gmo from sunflower), cholecalciferol (vitamin D3).
*certified organic by USDA/NOP
**non-nano, uncoated, French process zinc oxide
shake well. apply liberally and evenly prior to sun exposure. reapply after swimming or sweating or towel drying; otherwise reapply at least every two hours. safe for use on children under six months of age. helps prevent sunburn. if used as directed with other sun protection measures, decreases the risk of skin cancer and early aging caused by the sun. when used properly, offers broad spectrum sunscreen with 97% UVB protection. safe for use on children under six months of age.
for external use only. do not use on damaged or broken skin. if rash occurs, stop use and ask a doctor. When using this product, keep out of eyes. Rinse with water to remove.
sun protection measures - spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early aging. to decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a broad spectrum SPF value of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures, including: limit time in sun, especially from 10am to 2pm, wear long sleeved shirts, pants, hats and sunglasses.